cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christian_engel
Engaged Sweeper III
Environment:
We have a bunch of NetApp vFilers, all on OnTap 7. Originally LANsweeper detected these as Windows machines for unknown reasons - obviously that is incorrect, so I disabled (did not delete) those assets, removed the IP assignment, set up SNMP credentials (v2 in this case, as v3 is giving issues), and added those credentials to a new test scanning range, where I also disable Windows scanning.

Issue:
When scanning however, no new device is being created. It doesn't recognize that there's anything on those IP-addresses, and I have no errors in the log. If I do an SNMP test towards the IP, no issue, I get the expected responses. Ping is good as well obviously. It's 100% only LS that doesn't detect anything on the IP with the same community that works fine with SNMP Tester.

If I enable Windows Scanning on the test range, it takes the device I disabled, puts the IP back on it, and keeps running it as if it's a Windows server, which it most definitely is not.

I'm at my wits end here. Why on Earth is LS insisting that this NON-WINDOWS NetApp server MUST be a Windows machine? It's not. It's in the domain, yes, but that doesn't make it a Windows server. I want it scanned with SNMP, but I have zero control over that apparently.

0 REPLIES 0

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now