cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
it21
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello all,
Can Lansweeper create related tickets based on an initial New Employee request?
For example, if we receive a New Employee request, we then have the option to create subsequent tickets based on the requirements.

Now I'm not sure if this would require assigned tasks or tickets to be created.

I.E >

1 > New Employee needs a laptop > create ticket to prepare laptop
2 > New Employee needs a Phone > Create request to purchase phone ( With approval )
3 > New Employee needs Autocad > Create ticket to install/acquire license ( with approval )
4 > Create ticket to create email account ( Exchange )
5 > User will be teleworking > Ensure VPN configuration has been completed ( with approval )
etc... etc....

Thanks
M.
4 REPLIES 4
it21
Engaged Sweeper II
Would you happen to have examples ( screenshots ) of what it would look like to configure the template?
I'd like for the users to see that their tickets has been closed and that they can also see why it has been closed for tracking and information reasons ?

Thanks
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
For this, you can make use of the outgoing email templates at the bottom of Configuration\E-mail Settings in your Lansweeper web console. You can use the Reply type State change (sent to user) for certain ticket types and only the 'Closed' state for example.

Alternatively, if you would make use of Automatic Ticket Closing, which also can be found under Configuration\E-mail Settings, you can setup two messages, one when you send a first follow up for when it is about to be closed and a second one for when it has been closed.
it21
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks David.

Is there a way to also send an email to users once their tickets are closed ?
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I think that the easiest way to do this is by making a form with ticket custom fields, under Configuration\Ticket Content, listing all the requirements or requests which can be partially filled in by the creater of the ticket and the agent for example. More information on ticket custom fields can be found in this knowledge base article.