General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage —...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Docs - possible to link to Onedrive?

We use OneDrive to store our documentation, but I'd like to start linking Docs against our servers and other assets. However for versioning purposes, it seems to make more sense to keep OneDrive as the primary source. Is there anyway to do this by ...

BenH_UK by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete wrong note from ticket

Hello, can someone tell me what's the correct table I have to operate to for cleaning some system notes?We inserted a wronkg email address and now we have a lot of system notes like this:"An error occurred when trying to mail the previous note.The fo...

ufficioced by Champion Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LsAgent not sending AssetID?

I've run into an issue getting new LsAgent scans to show up on our server. It picks up scans for already existing assets, but not for new ones.The client logs say the scans are sending fine, but the server never receives them. The server log says thi...

sgoff by Engaged Sweeper
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MAC OS X - latest patches

Does anyone know how to check whether macOS has been updated with latest patches?We have scanned all Macs in our business and they are only showing the basic details with no software or reports tab like in windows client scans.

ETars2022 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit Fields - Mass Edit from Report Menu

Currently, the only way to edit/update fields for more than one asset at a time is from the asset view. Unfortunately this is very difficult and time consuming if there is specific criteria for mass update. I would like to see the “Edit Fields” & “Ma...

kshane by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

Custom Reports - in depth

Hi all,I've been asked to make a custom report thatNumber of tickets with assets attachedWhat departments are getting the most ticketsThe ability to include 2 custom fields named 'Work Centre' & 'Current Fault'Very inexperienced with SQL database so ...

Cannot remove Lansweeper news widget from dashboard

Hi,I understand that by design the default widgets provided with the application cannot be modified. That's fine with me, however I fail to understand why I cannot remove the "Lansweeper news" widget from the dashboard. We are using Lansweeper also o...

techreg by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos