cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mistymadewell
Engaged Sweeper III

All I could find were old questions, with some of them unanswered, so I figured I would ask now.  With LSAgent, is it possible to get performance data from the machines? When I look up the data for one of our computers, I get this:

"There is currently no performance data available. To scan this asset's performance you can add it to a performance target here."

I set up a target for all assets in the default group, which would capture everything we have.  I looked in our database several hours later, and nothing.  Then I added a target just for my computer.  Again, nothing.  Logged out of the database and back in.  Am I missing anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

LsAgent does not support performance scans, only agentless scan:

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/how-to-scan-performance-information-of-win...

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mistymadewell
Engaged Sweeper III

I appreciate the quick response!

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

LsAgent does not support performance scans, only agentless scan:

https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/how-to-scan-performance-information-of-win...

Hoot
Engaged Sweeper

Because of our hybrid work environment, we rely on LsAgent for a majority of our scanning.  Is there any plans to have LsAgent support performance scans? 

Hi @Hoot , LsAgent doesn't do custom scanning other than file & registry key scanning.
So for now you could get the value using a windows task that runs a powershell command every x minutes that stores the value in a registry key.

Getting the values using PowerShell:

Get-Counter (Microsoft.PowerShell.Diagnostics) - PowerShell | Microsoft Learn

Saving to a registry key:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/samples/working-with-registry-entries?view=po...

Next, you can configure Lansweeper to scan the value from the registry:

Scan registry values with custom registry scanning - Lansweeper

By the end of the year, we foresee to include full custom discovery in our new IT Agent (in preview)

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @Hoot,
Performance scans can only be done by agentless scan. We don't have plans to add performance scans to LsAgent in the short term, but we have forwarded this thread to our product team for their consideration for future LsAgent improvements.

patriotxt
Engaged Sweeper II

Hey David, 

Great to hear you are forwarding to the Dev team. In my opinion this is a huge miss. For us, we have migrated from on prem to about full cloud. LsAgent is as mentioned before leveraged for these devices. Performance information was a key data source for us to make upgrade decisions.