cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swsswr
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi,

besides our office environment we have several networks which are totally air gapped. How is it possible to have those networks scanned and results beeing forwarded to lansweeper? Within those air gapped networks there are IT assets as well as OT assets.

7 REPLIES 7
swsswr
Engaged Sweeper III

@David_GF  This would mean double licensing? As I understood your answer this would also mean that info from the air gapped network will be totally seperated within lansweeper managemenet console, right?

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@swsswr Lansweeper licenses are based on the number of scanned assets, not on the number of scan servers. 

Indeed, with the proposed setup, the information from each air-gapped network will be separated from your main Lansweeper installation. Since those installations will not have internet access, there will be some discovery API errors. That API is used for extended display scanning and credential-free recognition, but if you don't need those features, it should not be a showstopper.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @swsswr,

As @Mister_Nobody said, LsPush is a good solution, but only for Windows assets. A solution for your use case would be to install Lansweeper on-prem on each air-gapped network with LocalDB or a local SQL Server installation. On-prem will scan IT and OT assets, and you can access the data locally through the webconsole in each network (I assume that allowing remote connections to the SQL Server or the webconsole is a big no in your use case)

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!
swsswr
Engaged Sweeper III

Ok, thanks. That will work for Windows Clients in our air gapped environment, but not for snmp devices, linux machines etc. Do you have any solution to that too?

I don't have assets  from air gapped environment into LS.

You can ask Lansweeper about offline lsagent's work.

https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

swsswr
Engaged Sweeper III

Ok, I thought maybe the official support is watching this forum and could reply publicly.