→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
so this is the second post I see about this. The first resolution was to increase the number of scans. I have mine set to 10, yet there are 85 items in the queue, what shows waiting are online, what are scanning are up, I have it set that it scans 10 items at a time. I don't have a lot of devices (~300) and it starts scanning late at night. I restarted the Lansweeper service yesterday, cleared the queue so that I could do some on demand scans. Is there something I am missing or can do to improve this deploy? I have already upped the number of scanning items from 6 to 10 as that number transferred over from a PC I had it on to a server. Scanning credentials are correct. Even the animation of the scans are not moving. The server shows that the Lansweeper service is using 13 - 16% of the processor (Intel Xeon dual processor @ 2.5GHz, 8 GB memory) and allocated 113,560K of memory.
13 REPLIES 13
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Do you have a lot of extras configured to scan like eventlogs, registry entries, or files?
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
as an assistance to others so if they run into the same issue they can look here first.

And they have been in the queue for hours. It has actually processed two since I have originally started this thread. So two completes every 45 minutes when I have ~300 PC's and laptops, not all of which are on at all times (some laptops go home, some shut off & in cases).
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Just as an FYI, the behavior in my environment is that when I press "Rescan Asset" it jumps to the front of the line. You don't need to clear the queue to rescan individual assets. If you want to "Add to Scanning queue" then the assets added got to the back of the line.

Also, when you say "stuck" how long do the devices stay scanning? Forever?

Assuming you had this working at one point and you are on a paid license, you should email them. This isn't something they will most likely be able to fix efficiently over a forum.
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
I am on version 6065.