cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Lansweeper Community,

We had a recent issue where one of our computer assets hung in the scanning queue. This doubled the time it took for our scheduled scanning target tasks to complete for all of our computers. We had to reboot the server, and delete that computer asset from inventory in order to stop this (we suspect that the computer is in bad health because we can't remotely control it via GUI or command line to understand what the problem is).

Is there any way that if a scan has been started, and does not finish in a certain amount of time, to have the process timeout regardless of where it is during the process?

Thanks,
Daniel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
How many concurrent scanning threads do you have? I have hundreds of computers that are off during scanning (laptops) and they all timeout and scanning moves on.

Under Configuration>Server Configuration>Service Configuration are the settings for this. It sounds to me like you should increase the number of computer threads you have configured so 1 device doesn't hold you up so bad.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Yeah it's hard to say. I have a pretty good size environment and I have 20 computer threads and 20 IP threads. However, my server is virtual and on good hardware.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It depends heavily on the hardware in your scanning server. The better the hardware the more computer threads you can allocate. In general we recommend having hardware which is less than 5 years old. But we can also tell you that the CPU will have the most impact, more cores will reduce the amount of time needed to scan an asset.
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Oh, that make sense! I was looking to see in the KB what performance impact it would have by raising the number, but couldn't find anything. Is it safe to jump up from 2 to 3 or 4? We have other applications we run on the server we host Lansweeper on.
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
How many concurrent scanning threads do you have? I have hundreds of computers that are off during scanning (laptops) and they all timeout and scanning moves on.

Under Configuration>Server Configuration>Service Configuration are the settings for this. It sounds to me like you should increase the number of computer threads you have configured so 1 device doesn't hold you up so bad.