cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Admin,

I had an old server on which i had installed lansweeper and now I have a new box where I would like to install. I installed all correctly, now when I try to restore the database from the old server to the new I get this error as shown in the attached picture.

What I did is click on tasks in management studio and create a backup of the old database and then on the new server click on tasks and then restore. I am doing by logging on to the management studio as "sa".

Please advice.

Thanks,
Moss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
I ended up rescanning the whole database from scratch. Stiwa I have not tried your solution. But I may try it out on another test server and see if it works.

I had lost few details but it was not that many. I still have the database so I can manually copy those details.

Thanks,
Moss

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
I ended up rescanning the whole database from scratch. Stiwa I have not tried your solution. But I may try it out on another test server and see if it works.

I had lost few details but it was not that many. I still have the database so I can manually copy those details.

Thanks,
Moss
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
I have recently moved lansweeper to another server and had some problems restoring the database.

So i deleted the new db (created from setup) and then restored it from backup.

After that you have to delete the lansweeperuser from your lansweeperdb users and associate new as db_owner from global lansweeperuser useraccount.
moss
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Admin,

Unfortunately that did not work either. I was able to actually create a new blank database in management studio and then do a restore. Now my problem is how do I copy all the data from the blank new database to the one on which lansweeper has been installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Moss
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
moss wrote:
Hi Admin,

Unfortunately that did not work either. I was able to actually create a new blank database in management studio and then do a restore. Now my problem is how do I copy all the data from the blank new database to the one on which lansweeper has been installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Moss

This will be hard, you need to create your own import sql scripts.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a checkbox you can check in the options "force restore over existing database"