cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filip_lauwereys
Lansweeper Alumni

We work our way up (or down) in better support of switches / routers / …
To validate our ideas, we have the following questions:
1/ What vendor types do you support ? (cisco, Aruba, Dell, …) and types (if possible)
2/ What is an average lifecycle of these devices in your company ? (3, 5, 7, … years)
3/ Do you owe/have/know where to get the MIB files for these devices and able/willing to share ?
4/ Are you open to provide credentials to get a deeper level data out of your devices or do you prefer to end on SNMP only
5/ Is an integration with warranty a valuable route for you ? Would you be willing to support this towards the vendors (as this can be a burden for us as they do not see the ‘bigger’ picture)

All ideas / feedback / … more than welcome.
/F

14 REPLIES 14
anpatterson03
Engaged Sweeper III
  1. Palo Alto, Cisco, Aruba, HP, various models
  2. Probably 10 years
  3. Online from vendor
  4. SNMP is preferred, but we might consider using credentials depending on the information pulled
  5. Warranty information would be very helpful since so many of them are subscription based these days, but if we have to manually update it so be it.
alidbeck
Engaged Sweeper II
  1. Cisco iOS, Meraki
  2. 5 - 7 years
  3. Vendor Website
  4. SNMP is sufficient
  5. Warranty info would be great, but manual is fine if it has to be that way
Jimatjude1
Engaged Sweeper
  1. HP - Aruba
  2. Historically we get 5-7 years but have not used this particular switch family before
  3. online
  4. SNMP only
  5. No
mzipperer
Engaged Sweeper III

1/Meraki MS220-48FP Cloud Managed PoE Switch, MS425-16 MS220-8P /Cisco IOS Software C3750, C2960CX, C3560, Catalyst 4000 L3, Catalyst 4500 L3, C2960X,
AP Meraki MR12, MR18, MR32, MR33, MR26,
2/ 7 to 10 Years
3/ I have been trying to find them but no I have not been able to find them.
4/ I love SNMP but if having a service account login for them will give better more up-to-date info then I’m willing to do that.
5/ It would be nice to know when the warranty is up but if I can enter that manually I can live with that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
  1. Cisco/huawei
  2. About 10 years
  3. We use vendors’ sites
  4. SNMP only
  5. N/A