cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
As most of you are doing, we have many people working from home.

We are trying to deploy software to those machines, and although LS can scan the machines successfully, deployments are failing with the error: Error. RPC Unavailable: Asset is offline or firewalled. Pinging asset failed.

At first I thought that maybe they just went offline as I tried to deploy, but I can scan them a second time (this is with multiple machines). I even set LS to deploy to the machines after scanning, in the hopes that it would work, but no joy. Any suggestions? Theoretically, if LS can scan, it can deploy, or at least give a different error message.

Also, I noticed something else. The scheduled scan (noon each day) works, but if I do "rescan assets" that scan fails. Shouldn't the "rescan" be exactly the same as the scheduled scan? If I go to "scanning targets" it scans properly as well, but "rescan assets" doesn't work.
8 REPLIES 8
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
I've gotten no resolution. What I've ended up doing is using the Hosts file on the scan server to specify the IP address of the workstations in question then pushing the jobs again. A royal PITA, but it works. Just make sure to clear the Hosts file after each push so it doesn't retain it for the next scan
pryan67 wrote:
I've gotten no resolution. What I've ended up doing is using the Hosts file on the scan server to specify the IP address of the workstations in question then pushing the jobs again. A royal PITA, but it works. Just make sure to clear the Hosts file after each push so it doesn't retain it for the next scan

Giving you have used the host files it almost sounds like a DNS issue and the way your VPN network is setup.

What does the Connection Tester from the Lansweeper server give you?
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
CyberCitizen wrote:
pryan67 wrote:

Giving you have used the host files it almost sounds like a DNS issue and the way your VPN network is setup.

What does the Connection Tester from the Lansweeper server give you?

Connection tester works fine when using IP address. The issue is that the IP doesn't register to DNS immediately, and even though LS can scan the machine (since it does it via IP) that works, but it pushes via hostname it appears.

Waydee
Engaged Sweeper
Just wondering what the fix was. I am having similar problems.
Thanks
steveostopchuck
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having the same issue - scheduled scans of our assets on VPN work great, trigger the after scan deployment, but that deployment fails with 'Error. RPC Unavailable: Asset is offline or firewalled.'

Did you have any luck resolving this with support?
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Most of the time its the VPN is more locked down and doesn't give you the ability to reach the machines, can you connect to the C$ share?
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Thanks. I'll do so. I was hoping that someone else had seen this issue and had a quick fix.
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi pryan67,

I would recommend dropping an email to support@lansweeper.com. Our technical support team will be happy to assist you with further support regarding your inquiry.