cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leblanc_daniel_
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello all,

I am trying to install Lansweeper into a Windows 2012 R2 server, with already install SQL Exress 2012.

Now i install with Admin right, no problem there, when i get to Advance install and i select Only SQL Server, New Lansweeper Database and New Lansweeper Service, next, (this is where i get the problem: in think it in SQL management the problem is, SECURITY)here in this windows i select Localhost and Windows Authentification, since i can log into SQL management 2012, i should be ok, right? but i get the message SETUP HAS DETECT THAT CURENTLY LOGGED USER DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH RIGHT TO INSTALL LANSWEEPER DATABASE, A USER WITH SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOI IS REQUIRED.

I am log has LOCAL Administrator
Help!

Dan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The administrative privileges the installer is referring to are sysadmin privileges in your SQL Server instance. See screenshot from SQL Server Management Studio attached to this post.

Just because you can log into Management Studio or are a local administrator on your computer, does *not* necessarily mean that you have sysadmin privileges. When you set up your SQL Server, a default SQL user with sysadmin privileges called "sa" should have been generated and you should have been asked to configure its password. You can add users to the sysadmin role as well, by right-clicking on the role, selecting Properties and hitting Add in the resulting popup. You won't be able to add users if you don't have the necessary privileges however.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Replied to your other thread. To make things less confusing, it would be best to post all of your replies in the other thread.
leblanc_daniel_
Engaged Sweeper III
You are corect, i am transfering my database to a new machine from SQL Compat with Windows7 (VM) to a Windows 2012 Server R2 with SQL Express 2012(HP Workstation Z820:64 Gb ram), any sugestion? before i goof!!

A big fan of Lansweeper
Dan
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The administrative privileges the installer is referring to are sysadmin privileges in your SQL Server instance. See screenshot from SQL Server Management Studio attached to this post.

Just because you can log into Management Studio or are a local administrator on your computer, does *not* necessarily mean that you have sysadmin privileges. When you set up your SQL Server, a default SQL user with sysadmin privileges called "sa" should have been generated and you should have been asked to configure its password. You can add users to the sysadmin role as well, by right-clicking on the role, selecting Properties and hitting Add in the resulting popup. You won't be able to add users if you don't have the necessary privileges however.