cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmarlow
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey so I am new to Lansweeper and have been liking it alot so far, I just have had trouble executing Deployments so far. I must not understand completely because it is not running through. I have been getting an error everytime I run the package and it says it has stopped at step 3. This is the message I receive every time, " Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: (kms\Administrator). ShareCredential: (kmarlow). " I have looked in the file on my C drive and there was no installer packages there so I made the file that the description asked for and downloaded the executable online and put it in there. I really just need to have an epiphany moment and figure out what is going on, if anyone could help me and shed some light it would be fantastic.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you look at the package steps, you can see that the package tries to access the files below. {PackageShare} refers to the package share(s) configured in the web console under Deployment\Security Options. By default, your package share is the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare folder on your Lansweeper server. In other words, you need to add IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe and IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers\IE11 folder on your Lansweeper server. If the PackageShare subfolders don't exist, manually create them. The executables themselves can be downloaded here. I'm not sure from your description which folder you added the files to, but it's likely not the correct one.

I would recommend reading up on the deployment module prior to running any deployments. More information on creating and running deployment packages can be found in this section of our knowledge base.

{PackageShare}\Installers\IE11\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe
{PackageShare}\Installers\IE11\IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you look at the package steps, you can see that the package tries to access the files below. {PackageShare} refers to the package share(s) configured in the web console under Deployment\Security Options. By default, your package share is the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare folder on your Lansweeper server. In other words, you need to add IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe and IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe to the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers\IE11 folder on your Lansweeper server. If the PackageShare subfolders don't exist, manually create them. The executables themselves can be downloaded here. I'm not sure from your description which folder you added the files to, but it's likely not the correct one.

I would recommend reading up on the deployment module prior to running any deployments. More information on creating and running deployment packages can be found in this section of our knowledge base.

{PackageShare}\Installers\IE11\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe
{PackageShare}\Installers\IE11\IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now