General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Automatic ticket creation by email

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to create a ticket automatically by sending an email to a certain adress.Example:Our monitoring system detects an issue on a server;Monitoring system sends email to it support team (example@example.com)La...

MBI by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Customize website user interface

Hello everyone !My last project was about to configure the Lansweeper helpdesk. It take me sometimes but now it works perfectly and helping our employees to create and track tickets more easly !But it still few stuff to configure to let the things be...

Citizen_cabbage_0-1680205977503.png

Scanning servers as "servers" instead of "windows"

Hi there, I would like to scan a server with the asset type "server", but they are tagged with the type "Windows" and i can't change the type manually. How can i tell LS to scan the servers as type "server"? Thank you.

Abel by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Scanning Credentials & Protected Users

I have a domain account for scanning Active Directory domain computers in Lansweeper for the Global Windows account.  Because this requires local admin privileges, I've put this account in the "protected users" group in Active Directory for additiona...

sak801 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! LsAgent documentation and best practices

Hello everyone,  I have read through the available KB articles for LsAgent and installed it on my testing machine in order to get a feel for it. My goal is to present my findings to my customer who is currently scanning agentless through Active Scann...

Dknappe1 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing update information

We use Lansweeper reporting and dashboards on-premise most for the update information that can easily be retrieved using remote scan. IT Admins have build custom reports that they refresh when doing updates. All this information is not in the cloud. ...

ajlangendijk_0-1680702517982.png ajlangendijk_1-1680702584882.png

Resolved! What is a recommended scan frequency?

I did a search on "scan frequency" and found some good information on how LS scans, when LS scans, and how to adjust LS scan frequency. But I do not see any "best practice" suggestions for setting scan frequency beyond the defaults of generally once ...

jimbarr by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos