cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tostao1989
Engaged Sweeper
Hello guys!

I'm trying to deploy a package in order to uninstall an application called PrimoPDF.
The uninstaller file is in the program files folder and it can be executed with /S tag to do it silently.
The problem that I have is that I always receive the error "The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure)" but I'm sure the file is there.
If I execute the command locally everything works properly.

Whi can it happen that?

Thanks in advance
Regards, Jose.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Not sure if this application has an MSIuninstaller but if it has one I would recommend using it. For MSI packages, there is an easy deployment step called MSIUninstaller, which provides checkboxes for a silent uninstall. If the software is not an MSI package you will need to do research online to find the exact uninstall procedure and parameters.

"System cannot find the file specified" generally means that there are files referenced in your deployment package that cannot be found by Lansweeper. All of the files (installers, scripts etc.) used in a deployment should be added to a shared folder, so Lansweepr can access them when needed. By default, the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare folder on your Lansweeper server is shared as DefaultPackageShare$ and you can use that folder to store your deployment files.

We recommend reviewing the package and if possible, manually test each step on a target machine (copy the Result command of your installer steps and execute it in a command prompt on an example target computer) if possible with the same credentials you are using to deploy. This should help you to identify the cause of the issue. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Not sure if this application has an MSIuninstaller but if it has one I would recommend using it. For MSI packages, there is an easy deployment step called MSIUninstaller, which provides checkboxes for a silent uninstall. If the software is not an MSI package you will need to do research online to find the exact uninstall procedure and parameters.

"System cannot find the file specified" generally means that there are files referenced in your deployment package that cannot be found by Lansweeper. All of the files (installers, scripts etc.) used in a deployment should be added to a shared folder, so Lansweepr can access them when needed. By default, the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare folder on your Lansweeper server is shared as DefaultPackageShare$ and you can use that folder to store your deployment files.

We recommend reviewing the package and if possible, manually test each step on a target machine (copy the Result command of your installer steps and execute it in a command prompt on an example target computer) if possible with the same credentials you are using to deploy. This should help you to identify the cause of the issue.