cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soucyinter
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

I've been trying to figure out (I've also searched the forum) how to use the advanced actions on a PC from my computer instead of the server itself but have failed...

First of all, Remote Control is not registered if I use the web interface from my computer (my user account). If i'm on the server account, it works.

The thing is I don't have access to the admin account, but I need to be able (as a network tech) to use these actions from my PC.

How to do so?

Also, when I connect to the server using my special account (not administrator account), I can't connect to Lansweeper Configuration when it asks for the credentials.
Where do we add other accounts to have access to the DB ?

Thank you very much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
First of all, Remote Control is not registered if I use the web interface from my computer (my user account). If i'm on the server account, it works.

see this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/how-to-register-the-premium-tools.aspx

The thing is I don't have access to the admin account, but I need to be able (as a network tech) to use these actions from my PC.

How to do so?

You need to have administrative permissions on the target computer.

Also, when I connect to the server using my special account (not administrator account), I can't connect to Lansweeper Configuration when it asks for the credentials.

Use sql authentication and user "lansweeperuser"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tomecheq
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

You may use GPO and restricted groups. Create new user account in ActiveDirectory, set strong password. Then talk with your Domain Admin to set GPO with restricted groups in which define that new created account is the member of local administrators group on desktops.

Run browser with that user credentials and computers should be scanned and you will have access to this computers by the lansweeper web page.
soucyinter
Engaged Sweeper III
tomecheq wrote:
Hello,

You may use GPO and restricted groups. Create new user account in ActiveDirectory, set strong password. Then talk with your Domain Admin to set GPO with restricted groups in which define that new created account is the member of local administrators group on desktops.

Run browser with that user credentials and computers should be scanned and you will have access to this computers by the lansweeper web page.

Thanks tomecheck, I didn't do all what you said but I have a user account which I use only for security purposes and when I install new PC, joining to domain, such kind of stuff. I opened IE using these credentials and I have access to the main function we need. Some others don't work (connection refused, like VNC Viewer) but I don't care too much for now about these.

Best regards,
Mario.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The scanning account must have administrative permissions on the client and must have read only access to active directory.
We recommend a domain admin because this is the easiest way for most customers, but you can choose any account you want.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

see this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/how-to-register-the-premium-tools.aspx

How to do so?

Use sql authentication and user "lansweeperuser"
soucyinter
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you for the answers, it worked.

Lansweeper wrote:

How to do so?

Now the problem left is, even though Advanced Actions are registered, I have no access to WMI.
You say I need administrative permissions on the target computer. This means we'd have to be domain admins?
There must be a different way because we'll never get these access from our IT Administrator.

How do people usually configure this?

Thank you again.