cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WING987
Engaged Sweeper II
A new switch was installed two weeks ago. Lansweeper accurately detected the switch. Upon reviewing the data for documentation purposes it was discovered that some the machines are incorrectly reported. These machines are always virtual. In the picture attached we have PHX as one of our sites, with the servers for the site always being preceded by PHX. On the same port the switch lists three servers, each belonging to a different site and therefore not even vitually on the physical machine at that location. There is no physical nor virtual connection for these three to this entire switch.

To add to this, when you look at the details of each of these virtual servers they do not show the connection to this switch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WING987
Engaged Sweeper II
The problem was identified after running the debugger. I appreciate it! That was a nifty tool that made things easy to catch.

The problem was that multiple VIRTUAL systems were cloned from other virtual systems, resulting in the same MAC being passed accross the machines. Since none of the machines were in the same network it never posed a problem and the possible issues were ignored. The macs will be changed, and I hope that this does not cause more problems within lansweeper as the "new" device is detected and the "old" device drops.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WING987
Engaged Sweeper II
The problem was identified after running the debugger. I appreciate it! That was a nifty tool that made things easy to catch.

The problem was that multiple VIRTUAL systems were cloned from other virtual systems, resulting in the same MAC being passed accross the machines. Since none of the machines were in the same network it never posed a problem and the possible issues were ignored. The macs will be changed, and I hope that this does not cause more problems within lansweeper as the "new" device is detected and the "old" device drops.
WING987
Engaged Sweeper II
My apologies, I was on vacation. I will get this scheduled for troubleshooting and post the results.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

Can you try the following connection test performed to the problem switch using the following debugger: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1fmhvw7baqlhug/InterfaceScanDebugger.7z
Please perform the test on your Lansweeper server and to the same switch shown in your screenshot.

If you cannot interpert this ouput then please send the following to support@lansweeper.com:
-program file/Lansweeper/service/errorlog.txt
-screenshot of whole sumary tab of this page
-screenshot of summary tab of tvlps01
-output of interface debuger.