cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boupjof
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

I have a little problem with VCSA scanning, I recently update my VCSA to version 6.5 and the scan fail with error "Could not scan VMware with credentials Global xxx" I manage to add an account in read only group on the vcsa and declare it on the scanning credential section.
Wen I rescan the VCSA lansweeper merge my VCSA and one of my ESXi of the cluster, it show the ESXi fqnd and the ip of my VCSA, in the detail section it show the IP of my ESXi
ect ect
Can you help me about this ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
These 2 assets are likely being merged because they share one or more MAC addresses. Non-Windows assets that share a MAC address are automatically merged in Lansweeper, to prevent asset duplication. In most cases a MAC addresses should be unique. Though there are cases where for instance a virtual adapter with a generic MAC address scanned, or an interface is shared between assets. In these cases the MAC address causing the merge can be blacklisted. We can provide you with a script to blacklist the offending MAC addresses, please email support@lansweeper.com with the following information:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • A brief description of the issue (asset A merging into asset B)
  • Screenshots of the asset pages of both assets, showing the Network section (all MAC addresses), you'll need to rescan the "disappearing" asset to get the required screenshot. The quickest way to do this would be to go to Scanning\Scanning Targets and entering the device's IP in the Batch Scanning windows and clicking the Scan Now button. Afterwards search for the IP address using the search bar at the top.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
These 2 assets are likely being merged because they share one or more MAC addresses. Non-Windows assets that share a MAC address are automatically merged in Lansweeper, to prevent asset duplication. In most cases a MAC addresses should be unique. Though there are cases where for instance a virtual adapter with a generic MAC address scanned, or an interface is shared between assets. In these cases the MAC address causing the merge can be blacklisted. We can provide you with a script to blacklist the offending MAC addresses, please email support@lansweeper.com with the following information:
  • Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt as found on your Lansweeper server.
  • A brief description of the issue (asset A merging into asset B)
  • Screenshots of the asset pages of both assets, showing the Network section (all MAC addresses), you'll need to rescan the "disappearing" asset to get the required screenshot. The quickest way to do this would be to go to Scanning\Scanning Targets and entering the device's IP in the Batch Scanning windows and clicking the Scan Now button. Afterwards search for the IP address using the search bar at the top.