cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrlo
Engaged Sweeper
I installed Lansweeper to track the same things everyone else tracks (e.g. doctor cars and company bbq) but I also wanted to track traditional IT assets, such as servers.

I have a Windows 2016 box with Storage Spaces, abstracting 10 hard drives into a single storage pool. Lansweeper only shows the virtual disk, and happily tells me that its SMART parameters are all happy.

If I use get-physicaldisk within Powershell, I can see all of the physical disks, and can track the real SMART counters.

Is there a Lansweeper way to show physical disks, and their Storage Spaces information?
2 REPLIES 2
chrlo
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Bruce,

Unfortunately that is the exact problem that I was reporting - the disks don't show up there. All I see is one disk with Model: Microsoft Storage Space Device. Powershell can find useful info with something like get-physicaldisk | get-storagereliabilitycounter | fl, but Lansweeper is not querying the disks underlying the storage space.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Individual physical disks should ordinarily be visible under the Config\Disk\Diskdrives tab of the Windows asset. This information is stored in your database in the table tblFloppy. This won't show usage information though, this will be shown instead under Harddisk, partitions and volumes tab.

As we don't make use of Windows Storage Spaces in our environment though I can't confirm what the expected output would be of this when scanning a Windows Server.