cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gene_tsai
Engaged Sweeper
Dear sir or miss.

will i click software --> windows software , I find many software count is not right pcs.
because same computer re-install have two pcs.
How to filer to right pcs.

thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The question/situation isn't entirely clear to me. If you're saying that there are two computer assets for a reinstalled computer and that the software counts are incorrect as a result, I'm assuming this is because you reinstalled the computer under a different name. A Windows computer's internal ID is its computer name/domain name combination. If you rename a computer, a new asset page will be generated for it. You can prevent this behavior by enabling rename detection under Configuration\Server Options. To delete any duplicates that have already been generated, follow these instructions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The question/situation isn't entirely clear to me. If you're saying that there are two computer assets for a reinstalled computer and that the software counts are incorrect as a result, I'm assuming this is because you reinstalled the computer under a different name. A Windows computer's internal ID is its computer name/domain name combination. If you rename a computer, a new asset page will be generated for it. You can prevent this behavior by enabling rename detection under Configuration\Server Options. To delete any duplicates that have already been generated, follow these instructions.