cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Is it possible to add a new function for adding computers manually?
With the new search for the custom fields, we are now able to search for a computer purchase date or tag number.

For now, we are using two softwares for our inventory needs because we are not able to add computer manually in lansweeper when we receive it from our distributor.

Please add a new link for adding a new computer or add a computer type in the “add new device” page.

We need a field for entering the serial number of the computer.

We must be able to enter our computers manually before they got scanned.
I think that It will be good for us to be able to add computers manually with the serial number, purchase number, warranty info, purchase date … when we receive it from our distributor and after, lansweeper update the computer database entry with new info scanned by lansweeper.

Lansweeper will need to check if an entry with the specific serial exists and update the database entry for the computer.

It will also be good to have a tool for importing data into lansweeper database from access databases or csv files.

Is it possible to have this new functionnality?

Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you.
33 REPLIES 33
chadsharp
Engaged Sweeper
Can you share any information about your expected release schedule for 5.1 beta to production?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
chadsharp wrote:
Can you share any information about your expected release schedule for 5.1 beta to production?

It depends on the number of bugs found.
laurentiune
Engaged Sweeper
hello. I need to import assets from excel. is that possible?
thank you.
laurentiune wrote:
thank you.

You would have to write your own custom database scripts, as we do not currently provide support for importing data into Lansweeper. Some of our customers also connect to their Lansweeper databases using Microsoft Access, to simplify data insertion. These are the tables you will have to populate manually:
• TblAssets
• TblAssetCustom
• TblAssetGroupLink

Lansweeper wrote:
laurentiune wrote:
thank you.

You would have to write your own custom database scripts, as we do not currently provide support for importing data into Lansweeper. Some of our customers also connect to their Lansweeper databases using Microsoft Access, to simplify data insertion. These are the tables you will have to populate manually:
• TblAssets
• TblAssetCustom
• TblAssetGroupLink

I really like this software package. The fact I cannot do an import might end up being the only reason we may not be purchasing this software.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
chadsharp wrote:

I really like this software package. The fact I cannot do an import might end up being the only reason we may not be purchasing this software.

Please try version 5.1 beta from our forum, this version has the possibility to import assets from .csv
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no release date yet for this feature. Lansweeper 5.0 is still in development. We recommend scanning computers that are not part of your network using LsPush. You could also manually insert computers into the database using a script.
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I know and understand that you don't know when you will release the version 5 of lensweeper but can you tell me if you will release 4.3 , 4.4 4.5 ... or you will go to the version 5 directly. I ask this because we will need this functionality in the next weeks and we want to know if we change our inventory software or we change.

thank you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The ability to manually add computers to the database will be included in Lansweeper version 5.0. We do not yet have a release date for this version.