cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Is it possible to add a new function for adding computers manually?
With the new search for the custom fields, we are now able to search for a computer purchase date or tag number.

For now, we are using two softwares for our inventory needs because we are not able to add computer manually in lansweeper when we receive it from our distributor.

Please add a new link for adding a new computer or add a computer type in the “add new device” page.

We need a field for entering the serial number of the computer.

We must be able to enter our computers manually before they got scanned.
I think that It will be good for us to be able to add computers manually with the serial number, purchase number, warranty info, purchase date … when we receive it from our distributor and after, lansweeper update the computer database entry with new info scanned by lansweeper.

Lansweeper will need to check if an entry with the specific serial exists and update the database entry for the computer.

It will also be good to have a tool for importing data into lansweeper database from access databases or csv files.

Is it possible to have this new functionnality?

Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you.
33 REPLIES 33
novasam
Engaged Sweeper III
I agree, we would like to use Lansweeper to not only audit but track our hardware assets. Because of the capabilities, it woul dbe nice to enter in manually some computers, especially the ones that only get added to the device side because they are not windows computers due to being VMware ESX hosts, or linux servers of some sort. I hate having to maintain two systems to make this work.

Also it would be nice to be able to customise where all the pannels are on the dashboard. For example I would like the IP location list under the IP device summary do to the number of IP locations we have.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
novasam wrote:
I agree, we would like to use Lansweeper to not only audit but track our hardware assets. Because of the capabilities, it woul dbe nice to enter in manually some computers, especially the ones that only get added to the device side because they are not windows computers due to being VMware ESX hosts, or linux servers of some sort. I hate having to maintain two systems to make this work.

You can already add new devices (linux/vmware, ...) from the web console.
CSSSC
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
novasam wrote:

You can already add new devices (linux/vmware, ...) from the web console.

is it possible to add computers?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
is it possible to add computers?

Not yet.