cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_murphy
Engaged Sweeper
HI,

is it possible to show a list if available IP addresses in a given subnet?? Lansweeper seems to pick up the active pingable IP addresses only. So effectively what I'm looking for here is IP address management as an extra to the existing ability to scan within a range of specified IPs.

Thanks
rich
3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
You can add database tables through SQL Server Management Studio or the SQL Compact Toolbox, but this is not something we can provide instructions or support for unfortunately. Making custom database changes is not supported, voids your warranty and could potentially break your installation.
Lakatta
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Susan, I'm interested in how to implement your solution. How do I add a table to do this? That is really all we are looking for.

Thanks,

David L.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper wasn't specifically designed for this. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. If you tick Save Pinged IP for your IP ranges under Configuration\Scanning Methods, Lansweeper will return a list of all pingable IPs. Returning a list of available, free IP addresses is theoretically possible if you add your own table to the database for instance that stores all possible IP addresses within the subnet. For now, there's no built-in functionality however to retrieve this information.