→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

Product Discussions

Share feedback, exchange ideas and find answers to Lansweeper product questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

LanSweeper Scan service

Hello all, as i cannot create a case for support i am putting it here.currently we are using Lansweeper on-prem and cloud. We use it for tickets but also for target scanning, but we have issue's with the exclussions  somehow it keeps scanning the dev...

BISFrank by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Archive for computers

Hi,I think it would be great if we could easily ARCHIVE a computers details for historical purposes. perhaps in a 2ndary database or the same one.It would sometimes be nice to keep a record of an old computer history .But not have any of this count i...

danielm by Champion Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Name Parameter for Device Actions in Custom Actions

I keep logfiles that I can pull up from the custom actions as follows:"Computer Logfile" in Computer Actions: notepad.exe \\SERVER\PATH\Computers\{computer}.txt"User Logfile" in User Actions: notepad.exe \\SERVER\PATH\Users\{displayname}.txtI'd l...

Jono by Champion Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning and inventory of offsite computers

HiFirstly I can't wait for version 4, I've just seen the screencast and there are already so many features that I can see myself using. I think a great add on would be the ability to scan offsite machines without having a scanning server on the netw...

Facilities by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative Database Name

Hi,I would like it to be possible to define during the installation process the database name.This is because we've got 1 central SQL server and have defined a policy on how te name the database.So that just by looking at the database name we know wi...

Switch Port Inventory

It would be amazing if you could inventory network switch ports to give a correlation between:switch port : physical jack: mac address : IP ; hostnamemaybe some statistics on usage (ex: 40% of switch ports used,etc). maybe only a matter of snmp again...

gdavid by Champion Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port mapping

Hi,I use LanSweeper a lot and it helps me to get results quickly. Thumbs up for the LanSweeper team! I was wondering if there's a possibility to expand LanSweeper's functionality with a extra tool to do some managed switch port mappings. This is to s...

mjlouer by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run custom reports from the web interface.

Something that I would find useful would be the ability to build and run custom reports from the web interface. Maybe even with the option to save it. For example each of our departments has its own OU in AD and maybe I want to run a software repor...

Technut27 by Champion Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prohibit personal equipment - USBDeview

USBDeview /remote computername or /remotefile computerlist.txt can display all USB devices that are either currently attached along with past devices attached. then you can disable and/or disconnect the device/s or even uninstall.Wishlist:- Same or s...

Pollak by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos