cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

I'm using Lansweeper v. 11.1.6.0, scanning a vSphere 8 environment. I have done all the steps in -->
Troubleshoot vCenter scanning issues - Lansweeper Community
However the Hosts and guests are not showing up in the vCenter inventory, only the Datacenter and the Datastores are visible.
What am I doing wrong? If I use the Lansweeper Devicetester I can see everything listed from the vCenter - it is just not showing up in the Web Interface

//Mathias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

FYI, found the solution. Support pointed me in the right direction.
In my case there was a folder on the top of my vCenter inventory, above the vCenter itself. I removed that folder and now everything gets scanned as it should 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II
MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks, I will try to do that, however since the license was purchased from a different email I can't register a support case and I get no response from sales:
"We are unable to match the email address you are currently logged in with a customer account in our systems. Please make sure that you are logged in with your business email address or contact our sales team via this link. "

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Try to request trial on new business e-mail and create case

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Run tool "c:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeper.TestTools.App.exe" 

Select vcenter

Mister_Nobody_0-1709284415018.png

Set IP and creds

View log  named as Lansweeper.TestTools.Errorlog.txt 

MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks for linking to this test tool - wasn't aware of that. However, throws error when testing vCenter:
Error occurred
---------------------------
Self referencing loop detected for property 'Task' with type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1+AsyncStateMachineBox`1[Lansweeper.Service.Domain.vCenter.VCenter,Lansweeper.Service.SA.Vmware.VCenterClient+]'. Path 'StateMachine.'

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II
MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks, I tried upgrading to the latest version. Still the same issue unfortunately.
I have registered a support case now

MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

From support -->
"The error has already been reported to our Development Team, and a bug report has already been created, LAN-12409.
Unfortunately, there is currently no work-around for this."

MB74
Engaged Sweeper II

FYI, found the solution. Support pointed me in the right direction.
In my case there was a folder on the top of my vCenter inventory, above the vCenter itself. I removed that folder and now everything gets scanned as it should 🙂