→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Is there a way to manage building information in Lansweeper? We have one office per IP range and we were looking to move our current information from OneNote to Lansweeper, but I couldn't find a place to put this information. Just curious if this existed somewhere I wasn't looking or if there is no way to do this. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
michael_biron
Engaged Sweeper II
We would for sure benefit from this as well. Multiple sites, multiple lansweeper servers, and facility info we need to store and lansweeper makes good sense to keep it in there.

Please accept this reply as request #2 for this feature.

Thank you,
Mike
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We'll see if we can add better support for this in a future release, but this will likely not be a priority to be honest, as this hasn't been requested before. Perhaps a workaround would be to add additional tables/fields to the database, though this is not something we officially support. (Custom changes can break your installation.)
jprateragg
Champion Sweeper
Yeah, I had thought about that, but it just seemed kind of clunky. We store a lot more information about the office than could be used in the custom fields. We keep information about the security system, telco info, service provider contact info, pictures of equipment, etc.

I had thought about using the Comments tab, but I really need HTML/WYSIWYG editor to make the different sections stand out. And then that kind of defeated the purpose of comments--to leave comments about issues, repairs, etc. Maybe this could be a feature request...
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can add any asset types to your Lansweeper database. Under Configuration\Asset Mapping, section Asset Types, enter the asset type you would like to use if it doesn't already exist. If you need to enter specific additional data into custom fields (i.e. building manager, number of emergency exists, maintenance cost, last renovation date...), define these under Configuration\Asset pages, section Asset Custom fields.

Afterwards, add new assets via Assets\New asset, or use the asset import function.