→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NW
Engaged Sweeper
Our company has been using Lansweeper for some time for basic auditing purposes, but we'd like to get a little more granular and start using it to maintain licensed software counts per site, both available and used. Presently we have one Lansweeper server that's scanning the whole company, but from the looks of things if we do reports, it wouldn't be able to differentiate site A from site B, in regards to the licenses that they have for a particular product (Visio, for example). Is it possible to do this, or am I missing something?

If this is the case, what would be the best way of accomplishing it? I'm thinking that we would probably host a Lansweeper server on each site, to do license counts and for the each site admin to have, and then have another Lansweeper server that scans the entire company in order for "corporate" admins to have the big picture like we do today. This way each site would be able to monitor their own license counts, usage and PCs, and the "corporate" admins would still be able to do quick searches for everything in the company, though without the ability to do licensed software usage counts per site.

We have an Enterprise license which is current.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Each installation will be completely separate, so there shouldn't be any "conflict". There will be additional network traffic of course, as each installation will be performing its own scanning.

You can set up multiple installations with your license, as long as each installation is within your own company.
NW
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, great. Thanks for the fast reply, I appreciate your time and look forward to it being implemented some time in the future!

Lansweeper wrote:
Each installation would be completely separate, so there shouldn't be any "conflict". There will be additional network traffic of course, as each installation will be performing its own scanning.

You can set up multiple installations with your license, as long as each installation is within your own company.

alerox
Engaged Sweeper
I hope to have the "license grouping by site" feature very soon!

Thanks for your answer.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
At the moment, license compliance applies to everything in your database. There are plans to change this behavior, but we do not currently have a release date for this feature.

To audit a particular site, you would have to set up a full Lansweeper installation (database, service, website) in that site.
NW
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, that's about what I thought would need to happen.

Would running a full installation per site, in addition to having a full installation that scans the corporation overall cause issues (ie the two battling eachother)? Also, would this sort of installation be allowable under the terms of an Enterprise license agreement? I'm unsure as to whether the license allows for one license per installation, or if that the license would cover any installations throughout the company.

Lansweeper wrote:
At the moment, license compliance applies to everything in your database. There are plans to change this behavior, but we do not currently have a release date for this feature.

To audit a particular site, you would have to set up a full Lansweeper installation (database, service, website) in that site.

alerox
Engaged Sweeper
We need the same feature too!
In our company we have more than 50 sites with different purchasing processes and licensing needs and it would be very interesting the feature to manage in separate way the licenses of each site.

Thanks