cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I am the License Manager Officer, so I see some of the Lansweeper limitations on this. I would love to see:

- Software categorization (if it's a driver, manufacture utility or if it was downloaded or bought software)
- License categorization (freeware, dongle, license server and document the restrictions of installation - some software is only allowed to install when some hardware is bought also)
- Owner of license (usually a Department with a center cost buys the license and this should be documented)
- Archiving of license (with a link pointing to the scanned documentation)

I am still thinking in all the needed aspects but maybe more of you have the same needs and we can discuss what's the best way of documenting the licenses.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's nice to know this! I trust you will do a great job and therefore I don't have to keep a parallel work regarding software categorization and management.

Thanks!
Paulo
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We are having plans to make some major changes to the license management but nothing is final yet.
We still have some technical and some design issues.
Lansweeper wrote:
We are having plans to make some major changes to the license management but nothing is final yet.

has this issue been addressed yet? I have the latest version installed and I was doing some software licensing testing and I still don't see the option where we can assign the software to a department. Is this the plan in any future builds?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
derickab72 wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

has this issue been addressed yet? I have the latest version installed and I was doing some software licensing testing and I still don't see the option where we can assign the software to a department. Is this the plan in any future builds?

Software license compliance is currently performed for your network as a whole, i.e. everything that's stored in your database. The ability to perform license compliance per domain/department/site is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for this feature.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This software could "borrow" some ideas to Lansweeper license management (there's an online demo):
http://demo.assetexplorer.com