cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JS2004
Engaged Sweeper

Hey everyone, 

Running into an issue with certain models of networked Honeywell Barcode printers that we scan using SMNP. For older versions of the firmware for the printers, the Serial Number pulls in find and populates. For the newer releases, the Serial Number does not pull in. 

I have the OID with the Serial Number for the printers with newer firmware. Is there a way for me to populate the data into the Serial Number field? and not just a "Scanned OID" field?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
StillGoing
Engaged Sweeper III

This is a big sore point with me. Lansweeper provides very little (well, none really) ability to update or enter data into the product other than directly through the UI. As mentioned, the only real option would be some sort of SQL update function, but that is not supported, and the results would not be sync'd to the Cloud (if you are cloud integrated). And on the Cloud side they have developed a pretty good API, but it is currently read-only. They say that is going to change real soon now. I'm hopeful, but certainly not holding my breath for a timeline.

So put in/vote up those feature requests! There are so many things I want to do with this product, but can't without this sort of functionality.

David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

You can edit the sn manually, but probably that´s not what you want 🙂 Without knowing the exact printer model and fw version, the best option is to use custom OIDs https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/scan-extra-snmp-data-with-custom-oid-scann...

You will need to find the  custom OIDs online, through MIB browsers or through vendor documentation.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

Thanks for the reply David_GF, I can definitely manually edit the field. But being that we replace printers on a regular basis in our environment. Accuracy is important and the more we can automate the better. And this is just one example.

I can pull the OID info and have the specific OID for the Serial Number. My question is whether there is a way for me to link the CustomOID value with the "Serial" field that would populate automatically when scanned.

You can create SQL job to copy SN from OID to SN-field.

*Unsupported by LS.