cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iboyd
Engaged Sweeper III
This request was also found in the Old Lansweeper Questions section. But i would like to see this revived if possible.

Being able to at least pull Epson info in will help prevent wasting time tracking down one-off projectors.

I do understand that if Epson is not forthcoming with supporting this then there isn't much Lansweeper can do.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can scan custom OIDs now with Lansweeper 7 to retrieve whatever information is available on any SNMP enabled device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can scan custom OIDs now with Lansweeper 7 to retrieve whatever information is available on any SNMP enabled device.
SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
Epson SNMP data is crude at best. You can use EasyMP Network Monitor software and install it on a server then use the iframe widget to display in a tab from lansweeper. There is an api kit for epson that allows pretty much the same thing.
iboyd
Engaged Sweeper III
Bruce,

The only problem is Epson's SNMP Support is pretty bad, even the UI for the Projector I have in my environment looks like my 4 year old put it together. So I do wish that Lansweeper can make something out of this, but I know in my heart of hearts it won't be great until the vendor get's their SNMP act together.

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
If SNMP is enabled on the projectors and the community string is added as a scanning credential it may be possible already to retrieve some information through SNMP for these devices, an OID for instance, which could be used to map asset type and model automatically under Configuration\Asset Mapping. We don't have one of these devices available for testing purposes so we can't verify exactly which information is currently retrievable.

A cursory online search though does seem to demonstrate that Epson projectors can be SNMP enabled.
jletellier
Engaged Sweeper
Second this request! Epson and NEC. Thanks

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now