→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear LanSweeper team,

I think that I've read before that you are working on a standalone application to collect all LanSweeper data from network isolated computers and then upload that information to the database so it will be all centralized.
So, do you know the estimated launch date of that feature?

If you need beta testers I'm in, because I desperate need a tool like this to have an inventory of computers out of my network and in DMZs.

Another question...
Do you plan to enhance License Manager?
I mean, give us a way to add or count OEM licenses, and evaluate downgrade rights (I mean, if I buy Windows 7 and add that license to LanSweeper, then when a Windows XP installation is detected, then LanSweeper will take W7 license for that XP installation... I know it's kind of a hard working piece of software, but it will give you a big plus because Microsoft licensing is a headache task).

Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Because those computers are on DMZ or they are ISA/TMG Servers.
I get: "Cannot connect to DCOM port 135 : Firewalled? (PCNAME)" and "The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA (PCNAME.domain.com, PCNAME, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)"
I can only access those servers from only one location (which is not the LanSweeper server).
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Dear LanSweeper,

I have a question.
When using lspush with /file parameter, is there a way of specifing another folder to save the export data?
Because when I run "lspush /file" from command prompt it saves the report in "C:\DOCUME~1\<username>\LOCALS~1\Temp\6\lspush". But I wanted it to be saved on a fixed (not temp) folder so I could schedule a task to run the tool and copy the report to the lansweeper import folder.

Thanks.

Best regards.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BeatleUy wrote:

When using lspush with /file parameter, is there a way of specifing another folder to save the export data?

Will be in the next update.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BeatleUy wrote:
Dear LanSweeper,

I have a question.
Because when I run "lspush /file" from command prompt it saves the report in "C:\DOCUME~1\<username>\LOCALS~1\Temp\6\lspush". But I wanted it to be saved on a fixed (not temp) folder so I could schedule a task to run the tool and copy the report to the lansweeper import folder.

The "/file" is meant to be used for offline computers (copy the file to an usb stick)
When you have network access why don't you use the direct server connection?
BeatleUy
Engaged Sweeper II
Downloading... Thank you!!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BeatleUy wrote:
Dear LanSweeper team,

I think that I've read before that you are working on a standalone application to collect all LanSweeper data from network isolated computers and then upload that information to the database so it will be all centralized.
So, do you know the estimated launch date of that feature?

If you need beta testers I'm in, because I desperate need a tool like this to have an inventory of computers out of my network and in DMZs.

Give this a try: http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst5132_Lansweeper-4-2-0-0-beta-2804.aspx