cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleon
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

we use Lansweeper Premium version 4.1.0.132.

Is there some possibility to combine Active scanning and IP Range scanning?
We use Active scanning and we set also IP ranges to use IP Range scanning - how is working Lansweeper in this case?

We need to scan our domain and we need to add there also some IP ranges to scan all we want to scan or some IP ranges we want to exclude from scanning.

I foung nothing about this in the documentation.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you want to prevent a computer from being scanned at all, you should add it to your Computer Exclusions list. Computers that are added here will not be scanned by Active Scanning or IP Range Scanning.

You cannot add IP ranges to your IP Exclusions list. If you wish to scan a certain IP range but not scan a smaller range contained within it, you should split the range you do wish to scan in two.

In regards to your question about the Enabled checkbox: yes and no. The range won't be scanned because it's not enabled, but it is not excluded from scanning. The only way to exclude IP addresses from scanning is by adding them to your IP Exclusions list.
Have a look at the attached screenshot, which illustrates this principle. The second IP range that I added is contained within the first and I have disabled it. The second IP range will be scanned, because it is contained in a range that is enabled.
Aleon
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for answer.

How can I exclude all IP range from IP Range scanning and Active Scanning?
If I set some IP range in IP Range scanning and I don't check the checkbox for Enabled - Lansweeper won't scan this IP range?
Because there can be wrote only single IP numbers in IP Exclusions, not whole IP range.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
All scanning methods can be combined to achieve the results you need. Since only IP Range Scanning can scan devices for instance, customers often combine Active Scanning (to scan their domain computers) and IP Range Scanning (to scan their devices).

If you wish to combine Active Scanning and IP Range Scanning, simply set up Active Scanning and then set up IP Range Scanning. More info on Active Scanning can be found on page 13 of our online documentation. More info on IP Range Scanning can be found on page 14.
Don't forget to add the credentials for the domain you are attempting to scan under Scanning Options/Scanning Credentials.

To exclude IP addresses from scanning, add them to your IP Exclusions list under IP Range Scanning. To exclude computers from scanning, add them to your Computer Exclusions list under Scanning Options/Computer Exclusions. You can use "%" as a wildcard. More info on computer exclusions can be found on page 23 of the online documentation.