cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
I created a custom report thru file scanning feature, went into report builder and created a report. That worked fine. My problem is on all other custom reports if I use the tblFileVersion in my Custom report, it always shows the file scanning files for the file size and data path, etc. I've went into the filescanning and removed these programs and basically disabled the filescanning feature , but when I do a custom report with the tblFileVersion table , it STILL shows the old Files data path and version on all custome reports. How can I clear this to where they don't show up anymore.
thanks
8 REPLIES 8
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks,

I guess I should have asked that question first... because that answers the above questions.
Basically , If I don't use the File or Registry Scan option, I'm not going to be able to get all the info I'm needing in one report with what currently available under the report builder.
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
In the custom reporting does the tblFileVersion work only with the File Scanning under the Scanning Options ?. Does this table only look for file names I've asked to manually scan ? , or can I used this table without the use of the File Scanning options. I want to get away from using this option unless its my only way of getting the info I need.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MahleTech wrote:
In the custom reporting does the tblFileVersion work only with the File Scanning under the Scanning Options ?

Yes, the only data stored in tblFileVersions are the scan results for the custom file scans you've submitted.

MahleTech wrote:
Does this table only look for file names I've asked to manually scan ?

Yes. It contains no other information.

MahleTech wrote:
can I used this table without the use of the File Scanning options

No, it is meant to house the data retrieved through custom file scanning. While you could technically manually insert data into this table, anything you submit will be overwritten when the client machine is rescanned. There is no database table for manual submission of file data.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This will require a lot of work, as you will have to manually match any scanned file info with the software info Lansweeper scans automatically. In any case, if you submit new files for scanning and perform a Full Rescan of your machines, the old file data should be removed and replaced with the new one.
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, for instance, I want to scan Adobe Acrobat Standard, but I need to know the file version-(10.1.2.0), file size, data path its located in, along with computer name its installed on. The Software Lic. gives me software name, version, and computer name, but not files size or data path, and I have to have these for software audit. Below is what I'm needing for my audit.

Device-Name / Product Name / Product Version / Exe-Name / File-Size / Registry
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you mean your aim is to submit custom executable scans for software packages detected in your network? We're not sure what you mean by "software name". Lansweeper automatically collects software information, though it does not scan installation directories.
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
I'm trying to create a report to include the Software name, file siae, data path, version number, the executable and the tblFileVersion has all this info included in the table. If there is a better way to get all this info in a custom report, I'm listening.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you verify whether your machines have recently been successfully scanned. Their "last seen" dates should be recent. If you initially submit 2 files for file scanning for instance, remove 1 and rescan your clients, only results for the remaining file will be kept and displayed.

Could you also clarify why, if you no longer have files submitted for scanning, you want to include tblFileVersions in your reports?