cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpeatrowsky
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to find what computers have a ODBC dsn installed on them. I dont see a way to do custom registry scanning withing a sub folder. Is this possible?

Example hkeylocalmachine\software\odbc\odbc.ini\ (DSN NAME IN SUBFOLDER)

5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
An example registry report can be found on pages 89 and 90 of our online documentation.
dpeatrowsky
Engaged Sweeper
I think I got it actually now. I had a backslash before software. how would I run a report to put the data that I scanned for?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- The registry value you are trying to scan.
- How you submitted the value in the configuration console under Scanning Options\Registry Scanning.
- Your web console landing page. (Click on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the console.)
- Lansweeper webpage of one computer for which you want to retrieve this information. Show us the "Actions" tab of the page.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Scanning within sub folders should be no problem. Make sure you have entered the correct path. A value within ODBC.INI should be entered as shown in the screenshot attached to this post.

If you immediately wish to scan for the specified value, don't forget to perform a "Full Rescan" of the machines you need.
Lansweeper wrote:
Scanning within sub folders should be no problem. Make sure you have entered the correct path. A value within ODBC.INI should be entered as shown in the screenshot attached to this post.

If you immediately wish to scan for the specified value, don't forget to perform a "Full Rescan" of the machines you need.

I put in exactly what you have there and put my valus in and I don't come up with any results. I am trying to find what computers have a sql server name.