cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dirk_Bosmans
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I've just upgraded from V4.0.0.42 to V4.1. It's great , but I have 2 remarks/questions.

1. Unfortunately I can't change the Action Path in the Lansweeper Configuration GUI (I can change it, but it is not saved in the database).

2. I would like to report the Printed Pages (Device: Printer Status). Unfortunately Lansweeper doesn't collect the Printed pages information. (I already launched a complete rescan of all devices and computers). What should I do to get the Printed Pages information from the printer into Lansweeper?

Best regards
Dirk Bosmans ArcelorMittal Stainless Europe Swinnenwijerweg 5, B-3600 Genk dirk.bosmans@arcelormittal.com | www.arcelormittal.com
7 REPLIES 7
Dirk_Bosmans
Engaged Sweeper
Problem 2: It works for the majority of printers (all RFC 1759 compliant), Not working for printers connected through JetDirect box.
==> You can close this case.

Thanks for the help.
Dirk Bosmans ArcelorMittal Stainless Europe Swinnenwijerweg 5, B-3600 Genk dirk.bosmans@arcelormittal.com | www.arcelormittal.com
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Problem 1: confirmed
Dirk_Bosmans
Engaged Sweeper
1. As a workaround I changed it in the database
UPDATE dbo.TsysConfig SET ActionPath = 'xxx'
2. Is there a specific configuration required on the printer? SNMP? ...
2. Is there a specific configuration required on the printer? SNMP? ...

snmp (v1) must be enabled and the printer must support it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) can't reproduce, will try on some more test systems
2) The HP machines should be rfc compliant
Dirk_Bosmans
Engaged Sweeper
1. I did that, unfortunately I didn't work (when I close and open the configuration tool, the changes are gone)
2. Please find attached a list of printers
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) After changing it move the cursor to another field (like "wake on lan") to automatically save it
2) What is the brand/model of these printers?
Lansweeper detects all rfc 1759 compliant printer toners