cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Got the express version going to a point and purchased the premium pack and promptly broke it. So this is a case of problem between the interface and the chair, i.e. ME.

I have blithly carried on and installed the latest lansweeper service as per the instuctions in the how-to-install.pdf in the service folder of the download.

The service uninstalled and installed with out error but when I start the service but it would not start. This is the error

Could not start the Lansweeper Service service on Local Comptuer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
19 REPLIES 19
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
oddly remote control is working after i left it alone for a day??
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
I had a look in add remove programs and there is no record of vnc being installed and yes it does work on one other computer of 6 that i tried but vnc is not installed on that one either.

Does vnc need to be installed on remote computer to enable remote control?
Im feeling really dumb here, is there a manual i could read?

I think Ive found the problem, my forefront antivirus is blocking the vnc application, after allowing it i still get an error "unknown athentication scheme!"

Some more info, the remote comptuer has another error saying "another instance of vnc is already running" yet vnc is not installed. I suspect a trojon.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bjoyce wrote:
I had a look in add remove programs and there is no record of vnc being installed and yes it does work on one other computer of 6 that i tried but vnc is not installed on that one either.
Does vnc need to be installed on remote computer to enable remote control?
Im feeling really dumb here, is there a manual i could read?
I think Ive found the problem, my forefront antivirus is blocking the vnc application, after allowing it i still get an error "unknown athentication scheme!"
Some more info, the remote comptuer has another error saying "another instance of vnc is already running" yet vnc is not installed. I suspect a trojon.

VNC don't need to be installed.
The software pushes a VNC installation and starts the remote control session automatically. (this can sometimes give problems if you are already using VNC)

A manual is really not needed, there's nothing more to it than pushing the remote control button.

If you have "another instance of vnc is already running" and you are not using it, this is indeed suspicious.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is there an installation of VNC on the target computer?
Can you get the remote control tool to work on other computers?
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, screengrab works
Ialso tried adding domain admin SG to remote desktop users group but same error occurs as above when trying remoye control "Remote registry access fail"
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Im a member of domain admins and that user group is in the remote compuuters administrator account
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bjoyce wrote:
Im a member of domain admins and that user group is in the remote compuuters administrator account

Do you get the screengrab tool to work?
This also uses remote registry.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The user with which you are logged on, does it have administrative rights on the computer that you are targetting?
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for helping. Well theres my problem, i was using firefox not ie.

When using ie i still get an error when trying thr remote control link. It tells me "Remote registry access fail"