cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Hello - I did a search and this topic described my problem, but there's no solution posted.

I have a printer and LS sees the toner levels, except that it doesn't seem to scan for changes in toner level very often at all. I changed the yellow toner cartridge in this printer, but after 3 days, LS still shows that it's out of yellow toner. I clicked the "Rescan" link, but that aparently doesn't scan for toner levels. I also have that IP range setup to scan every morning at 3:00, but it still shows the old toner level.

Is there a location where I can force a scan for toner levels, or set LS to scan toner levels more often?

Thanks,
Jono
2 REPLIES 2
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Hello - I've been out since last Wednesday, but this morning I discovered that the LS service had shut down. All OK now after restarting the service.

Thanks!

Jono
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Toner levels are rescanned each time the printer is rescanned. You can configure your scan schedules in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\Your Server\IP Range Scanning\IP Ranges. Click on a range to view and edit its schedule. Clicking the Rescan button on a device webpage will also cause the machine to be rescanned.

If the problem persists, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Your Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\Your Server\IP Range Scanning\IP Ranges.
- Lansweeper webpage of one problem printer.

Jono wrote:
Hello - I did a search and this topic described my problem, but there's no solution posted.

The user never emailed screenshots of his/her IP Range Scanning settings, so we were unable to troubleshoot the problem. We suspected an incorrect configuration was to blame.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now