→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bret_miller
Engaged Sweeper III
I was running Lansweeper 3.5.2, finally got upgraded to 4.1 this week. Now on a Windows Server 2003 machine, I'm seeing three "Value does not fall within the expected range" errors, and it is not scanning the software any longer. After the upgrade, I initially had RPC problems, but configured it to use a fixed port range that solved that. But these errors don't give me anything to go on. There is a value in parentheses after the error, in each case, something I'd expect on the machine--the IP address (10.1.0.39), the computer name (BK1) and FQDN (BK1.hq.gci.org).

Any ideas what that error means and how to resolve it?
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I suggest repairing WMI, see http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/WMI-Access-is-denied.aspx point 7
bret_miller
Engaged Sweeper III
Version (from the scanning log): v4.1.0.29

Config (with user and password marked out):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=SQL1;Initial Catalog=lansweeperdb;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx;Connect Timeout=120"/>
<add key="debug" value="0"/>
</appSettings>
</configuration>
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please post screenshots about the error and your version of lansweeperservice.exe.config

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now