cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmapplebeck
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there, I just installed LanSweeper last night, great proggie! Got the server and clients running, only problem left is the webconsole, I have everything setup and can goto the site, but I am getting errors with it, wonder if anybody can help. I'm sure it is a simple configuration error that meeds a simple change to work and I'll kick myself afterwards, below is the error and my web.config file. - Marc

I am almost 100% sure that my problem is in the config file where I point to the SQL server, butno values work at all, from inside or outside, I am publishing the data vis Microsoft ISA server 2004. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Marc

<-- Error
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()
Error -->

<-- web.config
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="data source=127.0.0.1;persist security info=True;initial catalog=Lansweeper;user id=lsuser;password=********" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value="" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>
web.config -->
8 REPLIES 8
mmapplebeck
Engaged Sweeper
Hmm, I may have to work at this some more. I have just ordered 2 new servers anyways, may just rebuild new systems and start from scratch. Thanks for the help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I also run in on windows 2003 without any problems

This thread had the same problem :

http://forum.lansweeper.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=28
mmapplebeck
Engaged Sweeper
I even used that, same problem. I amunning this on Windows Server System 2003, is there any security features that I should tweak to make this work? I know that 2003 has different security settings.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The problem is that you use a named instance of sql "ARTEMIS\CAH_SQL", so you have to use your named instance name and not "127.0.0.1"

127.0.0.1 would work if you only have a single instance of sql server running
mmapplebeck
Engaged Sweeper
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="data source=&quot;ARTEMIS\CAH_SQL&quot;;persist security info=True;initial catalog=Lansweeper;user id=lsuser;password=********" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

The web.config has also had the ARTEMIS\CAH_SQL for the server as well and the quotes are properly used as "& q u o t ;"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post your config file of the console application
mmapplebeck
Engaged Sweeper
That was the first think t\hat I checked. All is as it should. the server works fine using sql authentication so I know that works.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
check your sql server security settings

Authentication : sql server and windows

yours is probably only windows