cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djskipnz
Engaged Sweeper II

Greetings, I had a working LS 11.1.9.1 and all deployments were working fine.
I upgraded to 11.4.0.4 and now NO deployments work.

I checked permissions on the deployment directory and that my user has the correct role to deploy.

When I go to deployment logs, there are no attempts to deploy, no matter which package I deploy.  

All scanning is working

25 REPLIES 25
Salamander307
Engaged Sweeper

Very preliminary reporting:  I *just* upgraded to 11.4.1.4 and the first deployment I tried worked like a charm.

I did the upgrade and the deployments are still not working from the previous configurations. i think this update only tried to fix the permissions on the default package share.

my initial setup that worked great for years is something like this:   lansweeper server named Inventory1  and file server named  FileShare1

FilesShare1 has a folder shared out to all domain users called Files. so \\fileshares1\files

server Inventory1 will not deploy anything that points to FileShares1

but if i created the same Files folder and share it out with the same permissions on Inventory1 as Antony_S may have suggested as a test before, this does work. i have no tried any other servers but may try that today. i do have a support case open and have sent them debugging logs but have not had  success. 

stahly88
Engaged Sweeper II

i did some quick troubleshooting. i created the share with the same permissions on Server3, no dice. i then went back to the original FileShare1 server, removed the original share & renamed it. recreated it from scratch with the same permissions as before, nothing. i did add the Everyone to this one and it started working again. i noticed in the Shared Folder Management program in windows that now the shared folder is being accessed by the computer name with a $ sign instead of the user. so something like stahlypc1$ instead of my account or the account i used for deployment.

so Antony_S mentioned, you may have to add Everyone to the Share permissions (even if you are in a domain).

Great, I will do the update later.
The support will not admit their mistake, almost a month to fix it.

Antony_S
Engaged Sweeper III

I added "Everyone" with the right "Read & Execute" in the Advanced Setting of the the Packageshare.
Look like it was disapear with the update, because I didn't change it.

With this, deployments are now working.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Dear all, 

We are still verifying internally. 
For now we can't see any issue, which we can reproduce. Many of the users confirmed the deployments are working for them. But we are checking if a setting on the Packageshare could cause this. As it works from another share we assume it could be a setting on the Packageshare.
If somebody would have feedback or a clear case on how to work around this for now, please let us know.
Our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Dear users, 

We regret the inconvenience this caused.
Last week, we published a new version (11.4.1.2) that solves this. We got confirmation from several customers that they were able to run deployments again after updating to that version.

Gboom
Engaged Sweeper

I attempted to redeploy version 11.4.1.2 on another server, keeping the database connection to SQL Server unchanged. The new LS still cannot perform any deployment operations, and there are no deployment logs available. When can this bug be completely fixed? This issue has persisted for a long time. Is rolling back the application and the database the only solution?

Antony_S
Engaged Sweeper III

Sorry to tell you @FrankSc but I have the new update, since the support told me to install and the problem is still here.