cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
Is it possible to group assets in such a way as to allow only some users to view some and not others? I have some assets that are on networks that should not be viewable by any general user of the web portal as they are in possible audit locations. So with that in mind, is it possible to group assets and limit who can view them?
9 REPLIES 9
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This is not currently possible within a single Lansweeper installation with a single database. Asset access is, for now, "all or nothing". A user can either see all assets or no assets. The ability to restrict access to specific assets has been requested by several customers and is on our customer wish list, but we do not have an estimated release date for this feature yet.

Restricting access to specific assets will require a thorough re-evaluation of our code. We would not only need to restrict what people can access on web console pages, but what they can see within the report builder as well.
carlow
Engaged Sweeper II

@Susan_A Any news about this subject?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Our Lansweeper cloud platform allows you to define asset scopes as documented here: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/cloud/scopes-and-permissions-in-lansweeper-cloud/ta-p/64512

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni

Specifying who can see which assets is now possible in Lansweeper Cloud. A general intro to Cloud can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/resources/getting-started-with-cloud/

carlow
Engaged Sweeper II

Thanks @Susan_A 

Will this feature become available on the on premise version?

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni

Asset scopes are a Cloud-only feature. There are currently no plans, that I'm aware of, to port this functionality to Classic.

carlow
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for the reply, I will check if we want to migrate to the cloud version.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni

Keep in mind that you can link your existing installation to Cloud. You don't have to create an entirely new Lansweeper setup; you can link your existing one. Steps can be found in the guide linked in one of my previous messages.

Your on-premises installation will continue to function as it did before, even with a Cloud link in place.

Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
Susan.A wrote:
This is not currently possible within a single Lansweeper installation with a single database. Asset access is, for now, "all or nothing". A user can either see all assets or no assets. The ability to restrict access to specific assets has been requested by several customers and is on our customer wish list, but we do not have an estimated release date for this feature yet.

Restricting access to specific assets will require a thorough re-evaluation of our code. We would not only need to restrict what people can access on web console pages, but what they can see within the report builder as well.

Ok thank you for the very clear answer!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now