cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSIAdmin
Engaged Sweeper II

Since updating to the modern email integration solution I am getting blank notes added by the email account with attached pictures. As if it is picking those up from a previous reply and adding them as a new note.

I cant figure out how to get them to stop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The empty note issue you're seeing is potentially caused by a mismatch somewhere in your email configuration settings, between your added email account and the actual email address that's getting used to send the emails. We recommend the following:

• Go to Configuration\E-mail Settings.
  • Click the Edit pencil next to the email account linked to your Lansweeper helpdesk.
  • In the Incoming tab, add the email account in question as Alias.

Obi_1_Cinobi_0-1682684365652.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The empty note issue you're seeing is potentially caused by a mismatch somewhere in your email configuration settings, between your added email account and the actual email address that's getting used to send the emails. We recommend the following:

• Go to Configuration\E-mail Settings.
  • Click the Edit pencil next to the email account linked to your Lansweeper helpdesk.
  • In the Incoming tab, add the email account in question as Alias.

Obi_1_Cinobi_0-1682684365652.png

I think you are right, the SMTP address was slightly different than the username. I will test!

JSIAdmin
Engaged Sweeper II

Those aren't the same issue. How do I best contact support?

Here is how to reach support Contact Support - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

Mercedes_O
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community @JSIAdmin ! Here are some solutions related to Help Desk https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/forum/system-adding-notes/m-p/55818  , there are also some quick tech solution blogs related to Help Desk https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/quick-tech-solutions/helpdesk-error-this-ticket-does-not-exist/b...  if none of these relate to your situation please contact our support team so they can investigate further 

Mercedes_O_0-1682616837077.png