cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thromada
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi all,

I'm using Lansweeper v.10.4.1.0.  I referenced this other forum post from 09-20-2022 by Lansweeper Tech Support that acknowledged that Windows certificate scanning times are an issue.

SNAG-0010.png

However, our checkbox for CERTIFICATES, under Scanned Item Interval, is already unchecked.  In fact, it's grayed out and it's not checkable or uncheckable.

SNAG-0009.png

Let's presume that this is still an issue and that Lansweeper is working on a fix referred to as LAN-14049 in their changelog as indicated by the 09-20-2022 post.

Why is that CERTIFICATES checkbox uncheckable?

Thanks much,

Tom.

15 REPLIES 15
Rufinobr
Engaged Sweeper II

I'm facing the same issue. Even with the 'lsagent' optition selected, its still scanning the certificates...

This makes all scans take a lot of much time than its need for me.

Rufinobr_0-1678464772819.png

Rufinobr_1-1678464775750.png

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

There is a known issue in the current Lansweeper version where a disabled Scan Item is still scanned on a manual rescan, this was logged under bug ID: LAN-14483

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

As of Lansweeper version 10.3, our development team made some changes to the Scanning\Scanned Item Interval page. These changes were made to prepare for a new LsAgent client and Lansweeper version that has the following new feature:

• Configuration option to scan items with LsAgent only, with your scanning server only, or both. 

We currently do not have an ETA for this LsAgent client (and Lansweeper version), but in the meantime, you can find the current meaning of the new drop-down values here:

• LsAgent Only: the item is disabled for scanning.
  • Scan Server And LsAgent: the item will be scanned by both.

The checkbox you are referring to is the "History" checkbox and does not control if this scan item is active or not.

As soon as the new LsAgent client and Lansweeper version are released, the following KB article will be updated to explain the new feature: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/scanning-your-network/managing-how-often-specific-data-is-scanne...

Thank you Obi_1_Cinobi.  I missed that the column heading for those check boxes is indeed labeled “History”; and as you said that would not control if the item is active or not.

So I wanted to verify the following:

• LsAgent Only: the item is disabled for scanning.
  • Scan Server And LsAgent: the item will be scanned by both.

In my Lansweeper v10.4.1.0 Scanned Item Interval page, CERFITICATES is set to “LsAgent Only”:

SNAG-0009.png

My question to verify is, as of Lansweeper v10.4.1.0, even though CERTIFICATES is set to “LsAgent Only”, which means the item should be disabled for scanning, the CERFITICATES are indeed still being scanned, correct?  And that the development team is still working to fix/change this setting/behavior, correct?

Thanks again.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Yes indeed, currently, even a disabled Scan Item will be scanned on a manual rescan. This was logged under bug ID: LAN-14483 and our developers will be fixing this behavior but we have no ETA for a fix at this time.

Thank you for giving your development team a nudge to see if this can be treated with higher priority.  With this "hanging" scan time on certificates, it bogs down and slows the performance of Lansweeper when trying to interact with it.