cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thromada
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi all,

I'm using Lansweeper v.10.4.1.0.  I referenced this other forum post from 09-20-2022 by Lansweeper Tech Support that acknowledged that Windows certificate scanning times are an issue.

SNAG-0010.png

However, our checkbox for CERTIFICATES, under Scanned Item Interval, is already unchecked.  In fact, it's grayed out and it's not checkable or uncheckable.

SNAG-0009.png

Let's presume that this is still an issue and that Lansweeper is working on a fix referred to as LAN-14049 in their changelog as indicated by the 09-20-2022 post.

Why is that CERTIFICATES checkbox uncheckable?

Thanks much,

Tom.

15 REPLIES 15
thromada
Engaged Sweeper II

Just to follow up on this, we are now at version 10.4.3.1 and for the most part certificate scan times are better than they were.

Rufinobr
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello! Is there a way to cleanup the 'Computer: Scanning time' report to get some slow computers???? 
I have a lot of high times because the certificates issue.

cwilliams
Engaged Sweeper II

Try this report: https://www.lansweeper.com/report/windows-scan-time-greater-than-2-minutes/

I have found it to be helpful for identifying long scan times.

cwilliams
Engaged Sweeper II

I have been having this issue since the upgrade to 10.3 as well. Other Lansweeper tech support employees have indicated this is only an issue during manual scans, which is true for me. I have certificate scanning completely disabled under Scanning > Scanned Item Interval.

One of the Lansweeper employees said they have identified the issue which seems to be during manual scans, the settings are ignored and everything gets scanned thus causing certificates to be scanned.

This is a very disappointing problem as my organization uses manual scans multiple times per day. Being that this issue has been going on for six months with no fix makes it hard for me to want to stick with Lansweeper as a customer. This causes quite a bit of headaches for me.

DovT
Engaged Sweeper

Those manual scans, which we also do multiple times per day, started being an issue since 10.2.x (see this thread, which I'm not sure why it's marked as solved - Solved: Re: Rescan Asset takes 5+ minutes after updating t... - Lansweeper Community - 62052)
To make things worse, if you use Lansweeper to deploy packages, which again, we use extensively, it appears a 'manual scan' is triggered after the deployment is done, and it can take 20 minutes (!!) for an asset to get rescanned, even if the asset is on the same physical subnet as the scan server.
Disappointing. @Lansweeper, it's time you do something about it. And no, there is nothing else in the scan queue, nothing is stuck in there, and there are no scan errors.

cwilliams
Engaged Sweeper II

I just updated to the most recent version of Lansweeper (v10.4.2.4) and it appears some changes have been made to the certificate scanning.

My manual scan times for certificates went from ~600 seconds to ~150 seconds which is an improvement but does not address the fact that I have certificate scanning disabled in the Scanned Item Interval page. Apparently, manual scans disregard the scanned item settings even though the most recent update added new options to completely exclude certain items from being scanned.

@Lansweeper thank you for addressing the certificate scanning times but please address the issue of manual scans disregarding the settings which still allow certain items to be excluded from scans totally.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The latest release (10.4.2.4) indeed contained a performance fix for certificate scanning, and our development team is actively looking into fixing the other issue so that scan items are excluded from manual scans as well.

Rufinobr
Engaged Sweeper II

Same here. At least an improvement

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We will give our development team a nudge to see if this can be treated with higher priority.