cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We've received some support cases regarding the Lansweeper News widget currently being non-functional. We have alerted our marketing team to look at the RSS feed so you can enjoy our Lansweeper News feed again as soon as possible. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Obi_1_Cinobi_0-1683792519322.png

16 REPLIES 16
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Our hosting provider resolved the issue, so you can finally enjoy our Lansweeper news again! Thank you again for all your patience!

Stretch605
Engaged Sweeper III

I'm beginning to think y'all have given up on Lansweeper server, and are just biding your time until we all give up and go to the cloud. 

EricMMHC
Engaged Sweeper II

I fear this as well.  I hate the cloud move of companies in general, and I didn't even like the cloud version of Lansweeper.  But I feel it's only a matter of time, especially if Lansweeper ever gets bought out.  I hope I am wrong.  Please Lansweeper, don't do that!

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We have not "given up" on this issue, nor is this a plan to push users to the cloud. We depend on our hosting provider to resolve this issue with the RSS feed, which is taking them longer than expected. We apologize again, and you can rest assured that we are chasing our hosting provider to resolve this as soon as possible.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

We are chasing this issue internally and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

sysadmin_man
Engaged Sweeper

Something that might help you guys; this is happening for reddit RSS feeds as well so I'm not so sure it's your news server. I believe it might be related to Lansweeper software?

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The issue is also present in legacy versions of Lansweeper, where we know the feed did work, so the primary reason this is happening is a change in our RSS feed. Our hosting provider is trying to resolve the issue.

We're not ruling out that we can also improve our RSS feed handling in the Lansweeper product, but we should first address the issue at the root.

wimwilts
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi, seems the new update 10.5.1.1 accepts now TLS 1.2 - so I hope Lansweeper News will be updated soon too.

Off-topic: Lansweeper update check don't mention LsAgent Linux 10.4.2.1 (Apr. 6, 2023) as the last version ;-(

wimwilts
Engaged Sweeper II

Maybe Lansweeper can create a EOL check for TLS? Actual TLS is rel. 1.2+
TLS 1.0 is End-of-Life since summer 2018 and TLS 1.1 since summer 2021.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now