cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
We've got some workstations on our domain that are part of a secure network that can't communicate directly with our scanning server, but they do have internet access so we installed the LsAgent to use the cloud relay capability. However, it doesn't seem to be working as none of the workstations have checked in, no Last Scan Time for LsAgent on their asset pages, and their agents aren't showing up on the LsAgent Assets or LsAgent Scanning Groups pages. Could the traffic to the cloud relay server be blocked, and is there a way to verify it with the agent?
3 REPLIES 3
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
I think I found the problem, I was under the impression that the workstations had .NET 4.6.1 or higher installed, but they did not. I installed 4.7.2, and after the reboot the agent performed the scan and sent it to the cloud relay server!

Thank you for the assistance Charles!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can check the LsAgent log file which is in Program Files (x86)\LansweeperAgent\LsAgentlog.txt

If that is empty, you can check some of the configuration files like LsAgent.ini and lsagentconfiguration.xml to make sure that no critical information is missing.
KevinA-REJIS
Champion Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
You can check the LsAgent log file which is in Program Files (x86)\LansweeperAgent\LsAgentlog.txt

If that is empty, you can check some of the configuration files like LsAgent.ini and lsagentconfiguration.xml to make sure that no critical information is missing.

I compared two that aren't working with one that is, for both the LsAgentlog.txt does update when the service is stopped/started, but no error messages in the ones that aren't working. The ones that aren't working are also missing the lsagentconfiguration.xml file, and their LsAgent.ini files are missing the AssetId, ComputerName, LastScan, & LastSent fields and the Status is Undefined.