cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkhuber1
Engaged Sweeper III

I ran into an issue where I needed to reinstall the OT scanner.

I unlinked it from the cloud and uninstalled/reinstalled the OT scanner.

Now for the life of me, I cannot remember how to re-link it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mkhuber1
Engaged Sweeper III

I am posting this from memory, so it might be a bit vague.

When looking at the OT dashboard, in the upper right-hand corner there is a button "Link to Cloud" or something similar. Click on the button and it will do a quick check of the sync requirements, click next. A device confirmation window will appear with an eight-character code. This is where I got stuck, because I was looking for the code in the cloud and in my on-prem dashboards, instead click the confirm button. It will then prompt you to log into the cloud, prompt you to name a couple things and you are then done.

After a bit the OT scanner will show up in the Installations on the cloud dashboard and after a bit more time the OT assets will be synced with the cloud.

Linking with Cloud - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mkhuber1
Engaged Sweeper III

I am posting this from memory, so it might be a bit vague.

When looking at the OT dashboard, in the upper right-hand corner there is a button "Link to Cloud" or something similar. Click on the button and it will do a quick check of the sync requirements, click next. A device confirmation window will appear with an eight-character code. This is where I got stuck, because I was looking for the code in the cloud and in my on-prem dashboards, instead click the confirm button. It will then prompt you to log into the cloud, prompt you to name a couple things and you are then done.

After a bit the OT scanner will show up in the Installations on the cloud dashboard and after a bit more time the OT assets will be synced with the cloud.

Linking with Cloud - Lansweeper IT Asset Management

MariaOrellana
Product Team
Product Team

Hi mkhuber1,

Thanks for contacting us. I will leave the solution here if other users need to remember it too. 

Kind regards,

mkhuber1
Engaged Sweeper III

Nevermind, I remembered how to re-link it.

beacampos
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

hi, @mkhuber1  would you mind sharing the solution with the rest of our Community? Many other members could benefit from your knowledge 🙂 Thank you!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now