cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm going to move my devices off "public" for the SNMP string. I'm not 100% sure how LS is going to handle 2x set of credentials, so far not good for my switch.

I went ahead and added another set of SNMP v1/v2 string to my IP ranges. I kept getting traps from my switch(the only one I rolled over) that the wrong SNMP string was being used and the scanning progress didn't stop until I rolled back the old credentials.

Is there any good way to slowly roll over?
2 REPLIES 2
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
"Once you restart the Lansweeper service"

I did not do this. I'll re-attempted and update. The switch stayed in scanning for a very long time and the traps did not stop generating. Again, I'll re-attempted and see. 🙂
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper will always try all credentials linked to a specific IP until one actually works. The order in which credentials are tried will differ.

Once you restart the Lansweeper service, it will try all credentials from most specific to general, meaning global ones last. The credential that succeeds will be tried first in recurring scans.

I presume your switch scanning still worked, it's just that your traps noticed the other attempts?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now