cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcrlansweeper
Engaged Sweeper III

I want to trigger an email when a set of specific computer names have an event, is it possible to add multiple computer names onto the filters? I am assuming each filter has an AND in between them. This is what I want to do but not sure if it will work, because computer name can't be equal to different things.

tcrlansweeper_1-1665592241684.png

Do I have to add an identical event filter for each computer that I want to have this alert on, changing only the computer name?

It would make sense to be able to select a group of windows assets in this menu. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Yes, the options to configure event log alerts are rather limited at the moment, so we would recommend setting up identical filters. For more information on all available filters, you can refer to this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/sending-email-alerts/#heading3

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to select a group of Windows assets in this filter. We've already received similar requests from our user base to add this feature, and as such, it was added to our customer wish list. Features on our customer wish list get development priority based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such, we aren't able to guarantee that this feature will be implemented or provide you with an estimated release date at this time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Yes, the options to configure event log alerts are rather limited at the moment, so we would recommend setting up identical filters. For more information on all available filters, you can refer to this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/sending-email-alerts/#heading3

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to select a group of Windows assets in this filter. We've already received similar requests from our user base to add this feature, and as such, it was added to our customer wish list. Features on our customer wish list get development priority based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such, we aren't able to guarantee that this feature will be implemented or provide you with an estimated release date at this time.

I appreciate the response, thanks. Hopefully this one's not too far into the backlogs