→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CelesteMcCloy
Engaged Sweeper II

I have a cyber request to disable TLS 1.2 on my Lansweeper server. Reading within the forums, it appears that TLS 1.2 is a requirement for the LsAgent to work as intended and TLS 1.2 must be enabled.  Without affecting the functionality negatively of Lansweeper, can I disable TLS 1.2 in registry on my Lansweeper server?  I am running Lansweeper Version 11.2.0.3.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @CelesteMcCloy 

Disabling TLS 1.2 on your Lansweeper server will negatively affect the functionality of Lansweeper, including the LsAgent and relay access, and Cloud syncing. TLS 1.2 is required for secure communication between your Lansweeper installation and the Lansweeper Cloud site. Therefore, it is not recommended to disable TLS 1.2 on your Lansweeper server.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hi @CelesteMcCloy 

Disabling TLS 1.2 on your Lansweeper server will negatively affect the functionality of Lansweeper, including the LsAgent and relay access, and Cloud syncing. TLS 1.2 is required for secure communication between your Lansweeper installation and the Lansweeper Cloud site. Therefore, it is not recommended to disable TLS 1.2 on your Lansweeper server.

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

Thank you David for the confirmation. I thought so however I had to ask.  Question is answered.