General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! how to enter a command in deployment packages

Hello.I need to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\KACE\AMPTools.exe uninstall all-kuid" on many workstations that are listed in Lansweeper. I have tried using Deployment --> Packages creating a package with a single command using the above command as ...

Stewie by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Audit Trail

Is there an Audit function to figure out how a whole section of assets was removed? I would like to learn if the system killed off the assets or if some one came in and took them out.Thanks,Ian

iboyd by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Best way to: PowerShell.exe -PolicyExecution Bypass

Hi Lansweeper Community,I have a question about the best way to run a PowerShell script on our inventoried machines that require the use of the -PolicyExecution Bypass parameter.What I was thinking is to run a Command within the Deployment settings, ...

dscoland by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! System adding notes

So I went on a week vacation with everything working perfectly. I came back and now, as you can see, the System keeps posting onto new tickets. It happens with nearly every ticket, but not with every ticket.Any idea why? We are running at version 606...

tuckerw by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Installed features - Table Name

I need to create a report based on Features installed on a computer, I got the table for software, but that table doesnt include the features, Does anyone knows that name of that table?

PROSUser by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lenovo Purchase and Warranty Info

Morning,My business has recently moved over to Lenovo devices and we are now finding that no purchase or warranty information is being displayed in the asset overview.Is this an issue you are aware of? I assume it's to do with the lookup performed?? ...

Resolved! Can't add Active Directory Users

Hello,I would like te manualy add AD users through "User Access & Roles" but there is no domain listed in the "User Domain" dropbox. Do i have to enable something to get this?FYI: If a non existing user logged in through web site is will create the ...

dop by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

alerts and triggers

So there are some nice reports but they are not something you would want to go look at all the time but when they happen it would be nice to trigger an email.Since you have a sql back end, is it possible to use triggers in conjunction with the produc...

AZHockeyNut by Champion Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos